Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sweet Cornbread

Sweet (but not TOO sweet) Cornbread
I still need to determine points, but I'm guessing about 3 points per 1/8 piepan slice

I recently found a brand of baking flours and cornmeals called Shawnee Best. I like using local foods/companies so I was excited to buy it!

This recipe comes off of the back of the Shawnee Best Yellow Corn Meal package. I meant to make the Homestead Corn Meal Muffins - there is a different recipe for muffins vs. cornbread on the package - but I realized too late that I was out of muffin liners, so I used a pie pan instead.

Ingredients:

  • 1/3 cup yellow corn meal
  • 3/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 Tablespoons olive oil (original recipe called for 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup milk (I used soy milk b/c we have some to use up and Robin doesn't like it)

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Lightly grease bottom of pie pan with butter.
  • Mix together cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
  • Add oil, egg and milk and stir until dry ingredients are just moistened.
  • Fill pie pan with batter and bake approximately 15 minutes. It is done with a toothpick inserted into center of the bread comes out clean.

I still need to determine points, but I'm guessing about 3 points per 1/8 piepan slice.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home