Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Protein Packed Salad


4 Weight Watchers Points

I'm eating this delicious salad I created for lunch today as I type this post.  I was at the local health food store today and found a new local goat cheese!! I was so excited.  The goats were milked and the cheese was made about 100 miles from where I live.  The cheese is from Pure Prairie Creamery.  This creamery offers several flavors of cheese; I chose the sharp white cheddar.  It is incredible, to say the least.  Oh, and it is naturally low fat.  It has about the same nutritional information as another (non-local) brand of reduced-fat organic cow milk cheese that I sometimes get.

For my protein packed salad, I used the following ingredients:
  • Chopped romaine lettuce (about a cup or two)
  • Sliced and quartered cucumber
  • Diced fresh tomatoes
  • 1 oz sharp white goat cheddar cheese, shredded
  • One medium hard boiled egg, chopped
  • 1 tsp flaxseed meal
  • Several sprays of Newman's Own Natural Salad Mist - Balsamic flavor
I just layered the ingredients into a bowl in the order above, sprayed with the Salad Mist (I was so excited there is another option now besides the Wishbone Salad Mist which is almost completly HFCS - aka the devil), and added a dash of salt and pepper.

This is a very satisfying, healthy, low points lunch!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger Chrissy said...

yum that looks good. I'll have to keep that in mind for something when Jake drains all my energy ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home