Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Black Bean Salad - a quick lunch

Black Bean Salad
6 points

I made a big pot of black beans and a green salad last night. I was craving something cool and crisp after working out at a spin class (my first one ever... it kicked my buttox), so I whipped up this delish lunch with my leftovers:





Ingredients:



  • About 2 cups of green salad (mine consisted of green leaf lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes)

  • 1/4 cup black beans

  • About .5 oz shredded cheddar cheese

  • 1/4 avocado

  • About 1 Tablespoon ranch dressing


Directions:




  • Place salad in a bowl and top with beans, cheese, avocado and dressing. Add S&P to taste.


If I had lemon juice, I would have added that. Also, I really wanted to add salsa to the top, but I'm out of that too. (Can you tell I need to go grocery shopping?)



Here is the nutritional info. It looks a little scary, but it is only 6 Weight Watchers points. Plus, the NutritionData.com website indicated that it has a protein score of 112... which is great because anything over 100 is a complete/high quality protein. I'm always looking for complete protein meals! Yay!

So, being a complete protein hopefully this will stick with me through the afternoon. It might even get me through my 4pm crash.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home