Saturday, October 04, 2008

What to do with leftover rice?? Hot rice cereal for breakfast!!

The other night I made some brown rice to go with a thick bean soup I made.  Well, I made WAY too much rice.  I hate to waste food, so I had to figure out what to do with the leftover rice.  I thought that I could make it like oatmeal for breakfast!  It turned out really yummy!

Here's the nutrition data:
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
  • About 2 Tbs whole milk
  • Very thin pat of butter
  • 1 tsp blueberry preserves
  • 1 tsp peanut butter
  • 1 tsp flax seed meal
Directions

Combine rice and milk in bowl.  Add butter and reheat until heated through.  Add jelly, peanut butter and flax seed meal.

Really good and filling!  Of course, you can add whatever you like to it, I just happen to like PB&J in my oatmeal.  :)

1 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like pb&j in my oatmeal too! I'll have to try this because it sounds very good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home