Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Easy creamy tomato pasta sauce

OK, so this really isn't a recipe, but more like a quick tip.

Jeff went grocery shopping this past weekend and accidentally bought Horizon Plain Whole Milk yogurt, rather than the vanilla he usually buys. If you've never had plain yogurt, it tastes like sour cream.

So, I am looking at this big tub of plain yogurt wondering what the heck I'm going to do with it. Then, last night, I was making a quick pasta dinner with (non-homemade) Newman's Own organic tomato basil pasta sauce and organic whole wheat pasta. I had an idea! What if I mixed some of the yogurt into the sauce for a creamy tomato sauce?? I scooped a little of the pasta sauce out, then added some yogurt and mixed. The result was a fabulously gorgeous and wonderfully delicious creamy tomato pasta sauce!!

I knew Jeff wouldn't touch this concoction with a ten foot pole wearing surgical gloves, so I didn't mix the yogurt into the whole pot of sauce. I just added a scoop (about 1 tablespoon) of yogurt to Robin's and my servings after portioning them out. It did cool off the sauce a bit, but that was fine with me.

I couldn't get enough of this creamy tomato-y sauce!! I loved it and so did Robin, my little 2 year old who eats like a bird (pun intended).

Just thought I'd pass this little tip along. :)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

holly a little sarcasm thrown in is always good. my old man is the same way. plus my four year old really wont touch spaghetti any longer for some reason. probably cuz his cousin doesnt eat it. i will try the yogurt in it to make creamy sauce. good hint
karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home