Sunday, May 24, 2009

My new Crock Pot!

My New Crock Pot!
Isn't she beautiful??  I'm so excited about my new Crock Pot!  I have been wanting to buy one for God-knows-how-long and I was shopping for random stuff at Target this past week and found a display of several different small kitchen appliances on sale for $18.99, including a 5 quart stainless steel and black Crock Pot! That sure found its way into my cart in a hurry!  The regular price is $24.99 and according to Target's website, it is still on sale. http://www.target.com/dp/B001DIXFAA/sr=1-10/qid=1243217129/ref=sr_1_10/188-5306395-9833241?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k:crock%20pot&page=1

My mother-in-law bought a Crock Pot for me several years ago, but it has gotten lost in one of our many moves.  I've been meaning to replace it, but I just haven't gotten around to it.  I love that the stainless and black of this one matches the rest of my kitchen appliances, both large and small.  Except for my boring white KitchenAid mixer.  That's next on my list to replace.  I'll either get black or red, for a pop of color.

Anyway, I'm soaking a package of dry 16 bean soup overnight tonight and will start the Crock Pot in the morning.  The technique I'm using I found on a super cool blog, A Year of CrockPotting: Cooking Dried Beans in the CrockPot. I can't wait to see how they turn out!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home