Saturday, May 30, 2009

Egg Salad Sandwich


Egg Salad Sandwich 3.5 Weight Watchers Points

My mom made egg salad sandwiches a couple of weeks ago while we were visiting and I now have a new favorite sandwich!!

I hard boiled some eggs earlier this week so that they'd be ready for whenever I needed them.  Yesterday, I grabbed two to put into Robin's and my brown bag lunch we took to the zoo.  

Anyway, I just made an egg salad sandwich for myself for lunch today.  It was so good!

Ingredients:
  • one small hard boiled egg
  • 1 Tbs Hellmann's Light Mayo, divided
  • 1 tsp yellow mustard
  • several dill pickle slices, diced
  • 2 pieces Nature's Own 100% whole wheat bread
  • paprika
  • black pepper
Directions
  • grate the egg into a bowl (this is easier said than done!)
  • Add 2/3 Tbs of the mayo (2 teaspoons), mustard, and diced pickles.
  • Use remaining teaspoon of mayo to spread onto the bread slices
  • spread the egg salad onto one of the bread slices
  • sprinkle egg salad with paprika and black pepper
  • close sandwich, cut in half if desired and eat!
This is such an easy, delicious, filling sandwich if you already have the eggs boiled and cold.  I was really able to get the points down without sacrificing taste by using a small egg, which are 1 point each.  The package indicated "medium" eggs, but they are very small and onl 50 calories each.  Even with the amount of fat (I can't remember how much off the top of my head, probably around 3 or 4 grams), they still come out to 1 point.  This was well enough egg for one sandwich!

I also used the reduced fat mayo (I just can't bring myself to use fat free mayo; it's just wrong), which is half the fat and calories of regular mayo.  The mustard, pickles, paprika and pepper are 0 points, but add a lot to the flavor.  And the Nature's Own 100% whole wheat bread is 1.5 points for 2 slices.

I bet this would be good with some lettuce and tomato, which I have in the fridge, but I wanted to taste the pure egg salad the first time.  I'm glad I did!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home