Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hummus pita pocket sandwich

I'm eating this right now! I think it is probably about 5 points for the total sandwich.


I bought some dry hummus mix in the bulk bin from our health food store the other day and while it tastes pretty good, it definitely isn't as good as store bought or homemade hummus. But it is really cool to whip up a little bit of hummus quickly.


So, for today's lunch, I mixed 2 tablespoons of dry hummus mix with 1/4 cup of water (that is a 1:2 ratio; hummus to water).


I cut a whole wheat pita in half to form two pockets and spread the hummus into each pocket. Then, I stuffed each half with leftover salad from last night (romaine, tomatoes and cucumbers). I put a tiny bit of ranch dressing (to satisfy my ranch tooth, lmao) then shredded some white cheddar on top. I'm eating it with a handful of pretzels. YUMMY!


PS: This would be perfect with feta cheese. But the cheddar is pretty dang good anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home