Monday, July 30, 2007

Variation of Black Bean Enchiladas

I posted my recipe for Black Bean Enchiladas over a year ago here: http://chefholly.blogspot.com/2006/06/vegetarian-black-bean-enchiladas-about.html

Since then, I've started making a stacked enchilada, rather than rolling them. This is SO much easier!! This version uses 8 tortillas rather than 12. Here is how I do it.
  • Prepare sauce as directed in original recipe (or try my Easier Enchilada Sauce!).

  • Cut 8 corn tortillas in half

  • Pour 1 cup of sauce into bottom of pan and spread evenly.

  • Arrange 8 tortilla halves along bottom of the pan (Note in the pic, I used 7 halves... just overlap 2 halves in the middle slightly when using 8).
  • Pour drained can of black beans over tortillas and spread evenly.



  • Add 1 cup of enchilada sauce and spread evenly.


  • Arrange the other 8 tortilla halves on top of the beans and sauce

  • Add last 1 cup of sauce



Add 1 cup of shredded cheese

  • Bake for about 25-30 minutes in 350 degree oven
  • Cut into whatever portions you like

  • Enjoy!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Note: I've started using 10 tortillas in this recipe. I line up four halves on each side (vs. the three shown) and two halves in the middle, for a total of 10 halves for each layer.

I've also started making a much easier version of the sauce, found here: http://chefholly.blogspot.com/2009/07/easier-enchilada-sauce.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home