Saturday, May 03, 2008

Sweet Potato Pancakes

2.7 points each

I just wanted to share a recipe that I made up a couple of weeks ago to use up some sweet potatoes (actually yams, which are much more nutritious than sweet potatoes). These pancakes are super delicious and very healthy.

Ingredients
1 medium sweet potato - baked, peeled and pureed
1 cup white flour
1 cup rolled oats
1.5 cups milk
2 Tbl EVOO
2 Tbl sugar
1 Tbl baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup flax seed meal

Directions

  • Combine all ingredients until just blended
  • Using 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour batter onto medium-hot skillet
    Cook a minute or two on each side. These don't bubble like regular pancakes, so you can't use that as an indication that they are done on the first side.

Makes a baker's dozen (13) pancakes.

These are super thick, dense and fluffy!! So, it might make it a bit hard to get the middles fully cooked. Today, I made them again and pureed a banana along with the sweet potato. I did not add any more liquid, which I should have done because they were very very thick and it made it difficult to cook the insides. Plus, it only made 10 pancakes vs. 13 (which makes the points higher). After I cooked them on the skillet, I put them in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes. This cooked the insides and made the outsides really crispy!! YUMMY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home