Sunday, July 09, 2006

Quiche with Rice Crust
Need to figure out the points, but should be pretty low, I'm GUESSING 2-3 points for 1/8 of a quiche

I got this
recipe from www.cooks.com. I only slightly "Hollyfied" it and I thought it was OK but not great. I made it for my friends Lori and Momo, who visited us this weekend. They claimed to have liked it! :) I need to tweak it next time... I think I'll add some garlic and just a LITTLE nutmeg.

Sorry, I didn't take a whole lot of pics... Lori and Momo were already at my house and they were hungry from their long road travels, so I was in a hurry!

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup dry brown rice
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 1 Tbs shredded cheese
  • 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach (only use half)
  • Dash ground pepper
  • Juice from 1 lemon
  • 1/2 med. onion, chopped
  • 1 c. skim milk
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheese
Directions
  • Cook rice according to package directions
  • Preheat oven to 425
  • Mix rice, 1 egg and 1 Tbs cheese
  • Press into pie dish to form a crust
  • Bake for 3 minutes
  • Cook spinach according to package directions, remove excess water with paper towels
  • Mix 1/2 of the spinach, lemon juice, pepper, onion, milk, cheese and 2 remaining eggs
  • Pour spinach mixture over rice crust
  • Bake 10 minutes at 425
  • Lower oven temp to 350 and bake 30 more minutes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home