Saturday, June 24, 2006

Quick Tostada Dinner
3.5 WW points for 2 Well, we were running out of groceries, so I whipped up some quick tostadas (I just call them tacos) last night.

Ingredients
  • 6 Corn tortillas (if you want to make tortilla chips, use more and cut them into eighths)
  • 1 15oz can of pinto beans
  • 1 Tbs chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • dash of cayenne pepper
  • 2 Tbs salsa (more if you want to spread salsa onto your tacos)
  • Shredded cheese
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 425
  • Bake tortillas until brown and crispy, about 10 minutes (note that chips will be done quicker.) Keep an eye on the tortillas because they can go from "almost done" to "totally burnt" REALLY fast.
  • Place can of beans into saucepan (don't drain). I mashed up my beans using a wire whisk.*
  • Add chili powder, garlic powder, oregano, cumin, cayenne and salsa and stir until well mixed.
  • Heat through.
  • Spread 2 Tbs of beans onto each tortilla, add salsa and about 1 Tbs cheese**
  • Jeff put his in the microwave to make nachos (aka "Jeffchos").
  • You will probably have beans left over. They would make a great dip! Or you could add more to your tacos for more points.
*I guess I could buy refried beans, but I never think of it.
**I wish we would have had lettuce, fresh tomatoes and ff sour cream!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home